Gary G Norris Law Office
Welcome Areas of Practice Firm Members What Our Clients Say Contact Us
  Gary G Norris Areas of Practice


Fall Injuries

If you have slipped, tripped or fallen at a business or residence it is extremely important that the conditions that caused your fall be documented immediately. Many stores have video surveillance that might have recorded your injury. However, that video will likely be destroyed after a short time. Our firm is very familiar with the law relating to slip-and-falls in Oregon, and the building code requirements that set the safety standards for businesses and retail establishments.

As a customer in a shopping mall, grocery store or any business, you have the legal status of what is called a "business invitee". This means that under Oregon's law of "premises liability", the owner of the business has the obligation to keep the premises reasonably safe for you. If there are any unreasonably dangerous conditions on the premises, the business owner may have the obligation to actually remove the hazard rather than simply warn you.

Tripping or falling claims generally fall into two categories. "Foreign substance" claims involve substances on the floor which make it slippery. If the injured person can establish that the substance was on the floor long enough for the business owner to clean it up, or adequately warn of it, then there may be a recovery against the business. Fall injuries typically involve permanent features of the business which are a hazard, such as sidewalks with improper slope, ramps without handrails or unmarked obstacles in the floor surface.

Call us so we can help protect your rights. (503- 472-3770).


view all Areas of Practice

















This firm helps clients in or near McMinnville, Dundee, Newberg, Sherwood, Tigard, Beaverton, Lake Oswego, Oregon City, Hillsboro, Forest Grove, Salem, Dallas, Albany, Corvallis, Newport, Lincoln City, Tillamook, Tualatin, Wilsonville, and Astoria.



Main Office

Law Office of Gary G. Norris
723 NE Baker, Suite 100
McMinnville, Oregon 97128

Phone 503-472-3770
Fax 503-472-2349


Main Office

Q: How do I pay for an attorney?
Q: I was just in an auto accident that wasn’t my fault and I was injured. Do I need an attorney now?
Q: Will I have to go to court?
Q: How long do I have to make a personal injury claim from a car accident?
Q: What if the other driver wasn’t insured?
Q: The other driver has some insurance, but not enough. My injuries are extensive and permanent. What can I do?
Q: How will I pay my medical bills? I don’t have health insurance.
Q: I lost time from work because of my injuries. Can I recover that money?
Q: A close relative of mine was killed in an auto accident recently. Does his estate have a claim against the negligent driver?
Q: The other driver’s insurance company keeps calling me asking for a recorded statement. What do I do?