Gary G Norris Law Office
Welcome Areas of Practice Firm Members What Our Clients Say Contact Us
  Gary G Norris Areas of Practice


Uninsured Motorist/Underinsured Motorist

If you have been seriously injured through the fault of another driver who has no insurance or does not have enough, you may have a legal right to recover against your own insurance company. This is called uninsured, or underinsured motorist coverage. We can protect your legal rights as to any uninsured motorist claim you have with your insurer. If you settle your claim before you've determined the full extent of your injuries, all your legal rights against your insurance company may be lost. We have the expertise necessary to send the right notices to the insurance companies to protect your rights to a fair settlement.

Oregon law requires that your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage in your automobile policy be equal to your liability insurance limits. So, if your automobile policy has a liability bodily injury limit of $100,000.00, then the insurance company must also provide uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage in that amount. If the other driver has some insurance, but not enough (for instance a $25,000.00 limit) then, if you have a $100,000.00 underinsured motorist limit, the additional available coverage to compensate you for your injuries could be $75,000.00 (your $100,000.00 limit minus the $25,000.00 underlying policy for the at-fault driver).

There are specific time periods and required notices that apply to these claims. Our firm is very familiar with them and can protect your rights. Call us so we can help. (503-472-3770).


view all Areas of Practice

















This firm helps clients in or near McMinnville, Dundee, Newberg, Sherwood, Tigard, Beaverton, Lake Oswego, Oregon City, Hillsboro, Forest Grove, Salem, Dallas, Albany, Corvallis, Newport, Lincoln City, Tillamook, Tualatin, Wilsonville, and Astoria.



Main Office

Law Office of Gary G. Norris
723 NE Baker, Suite 100
McMinnville, Oregon 97128

Phone 503-472-3770
Fax 503-472-2349


Main Office

Q: How do I pay for an attorney?
Q: I was just in an auto accident that wasn’t my fault and I was injured. Do I need an attorney now?
Q: Will I have to go to court?
Q: How long do I have to make a personal injury claim from a car accident?
Q: What if the other driver wasn’t insured?
Q: The other driver has some insurance, but not enough. My injuries are extensive and permanent. What can I do?
Q: How will I pay my medical bills? I don’t have health insurance.
Q: I lost time from work because of my injuries. Can I recover that money?
Q: A close relative of mine was killed in an auto accident recently. Does his estate have a claim against the negligent driver?
Q: The other driver’s insurance company keeps calling me asking for a recorded statement. What do I do?