Gary G Norris Law Office
Welcome Areas of Practice Firm Members What Our Clients Say Contact Us
  Gary G Norris Areas of Practice


Wrongful Death

If an immediate family member has died due to the fault of someone else, there are several steps that must be taken to protect your legal rights. We can help. Our firm will handle the issues of the legal claim, so you and your loved ones can heal.

Wrongful death claims in Oregon are governed by several statutes. Those statutes have many requirements and time limitations, and our firm is familiar with them. In a wrongful death claim, the estate can recover reasonable charges necessarily incurred for doctors, hospitals, nurses and other medical services, as well as burial and funeral services for your loved one. The estate may also recover for the physical and emotional pain suffered by the deceased from the time of injury until his/her death. The estate may also recover for the dollar loss to the decedent's estate caused by his premature death. Finally, the estate may recover compensation to the spouse, children, step-children, step-parents and parents for any pecuniary loss and loss of the society, companionship and services of the decedent, as well as any punitive damages the decedent would have been entitled to recover from the at-fault party had he/she lived.

We work with you and other family members to determine who can recover, and to evaluate a fair settlement. Call us for an appointment. There is no charge for the first meeting. (503- 472-3770).


view all Areas of Practice

















This firm helps clients in or near McMinnville, Dundee, Newberg, Sherwood, Tigard, Beaverton, Lake Oswego, Oregon City, Hillsboro, Forest Grove, Salem, Dallas, Albany, Corvallis, Newport, Lincoln City, Tillamook, Tualatin, Wilsonville, and Astoria.




Main Office

Law Office of Gary G. Norris
723 NE Baker, Suite 100
McMinnville, Oregon 97128

Phone 503-472-3770
Fax 503-472-2349


Main Office

Q: How do I pay for an attorney?
Q: I was just in an auto accident that wasn’t my fault and I was injured. Do I need an attorney now?
Q: Will I have to go to court?
Q: How long do I have to make a personal injury claim from a car accident?
Q: What if the other driver wasn’t insured?
Q: The other driver has some insurance, but not enough. My injuries are extensive and permanent. What can I do?
Q: How will I pay my medical bills? I don’t have health insurance.
Q: I lost time from work because of my injuries. Can I recover that money?
Q: A close relative of mine was killed in an auto accident recently. Does his estate have a claim against the negligent driver?
Q: The other driver’s insurance company keeps calling me asking for a recorded statement. What do I do?